As we take those small steps leading us toward our chosen path of excellence, one of the most empowering things we can do is to live in color.
This means doing different things so that we don’t become bored or repetitive. And this may also be things that we have forgotten or never tried.
When we change the way we do things, we open ourselves to newer ways of looking at things from a fresher perspective and we open ourselves to greater levels of personal satisfaction.
1. Bathe don’t shower. Yes, a shower invigorates, but taking a bath will also do the same. Sit in a bath, close your eyes and add oils if you want.
2. Wake up early and get things done whether its yard work or just reading something positive.
3. Go and bake a cake. Our culinary skills probably aren’t up to master chef standards, however ready-made mixes are the way to go.
4. Go to the library. Remember this? Before Google existed, we used to go to the library, but this simple pleasure is so often dismissed because of fingertip mania–a condition where everything is available at our fingertips–but nothing beats actually feeling and holding a book in your hands. Try it.
5. Watch an old movie or show. The pace of life is fast and with that TV and movie production has also become very fast-paced. Watching something comparatively slower will make a refreshing change.
6. Eat real food. Yes, real food. Chomp into an apple, break open a banana or just grab some nuts and yogurt.
7. Contact a friend. Somebody who you may not even ordinarily call.
8. Juggle. We are always juggling priorities in life anyway so let’s see how this works.
9. Rollerblade. Now is the time to do it. Every day, we drive or walk how about combining both?
Variety is not only the spice of life it is a key to good living, so live in color not sepia because it not only makes life interesting, but it keeps us alive and productive.
Keep on winning…